Wednesday, January 4, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!


I hope that everyone had a happy and safe New Year's. 

On New Years Eve, for safety reasons, we all had to be inside of our apartments early and by early I mean 8:00 pm! But before our early arrival back into our home we had a zone meeting (which basically means that we had a meeting with all of the missionaries that live in the City of Laredo). For this meeting we watched the movie “17 Miracles” which was a remarkable representation of the Willy Handcart Company (a group of pioneers which made the journey from the east coast to Salt Lake City, Utah). These pioneers left late in the year and faced an early winter. These pioneers faced incredible hardship but maintained their faith.

When I see movies or hear stories of people that maintain this kind of faith in the midst of adversity, my own faith grows and increases. I know that my mission is nothing like the hardship that these pioneers faced and that gives me faith. I am learning to rely more on the Lord. I am learning how to not get frustrated. I am learning that what we struggle with most in other people is the thing that we struggle most with our self.

I love you and hope that everyone's life is returning back to normal after the business of the holidays.

Con Amor,
Hermana Zani

No comments:

Post a Comment