Monday, August 1, 2011

Week Two at the MTC

" For if there be no Christ there be no God; and if there be no God we are not, for there could have been no creation. But there is a God, and he is , Christ, and he cometh in the fullness of his own time." 2 nephi 11:7
 
" For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be forever, and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit and putteth off the natural man and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patinet, full of love, willing to submit all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father. : Mosiah 3:19
 
Buenos Dias Mis Amigas,
 
This week I am learning a lot about humility in my personal life. Humility is a virtue requiring each person to seek equality within themselves and within those around them. Humility comes from not saying I am nothing or I am better than but comes from saying I am equal to them. Humility is knowing that all good things come from God. "For I will boast not of my strength but in the Lord." This concept may seem easy and simple but the levels and complexities in which humility in my life is huge. For example, I am learning that each person is equal in the sight of God a concept that I have always known but not fully understood or applied in my life. However, having someone by my side 24 hours a day means that I am learning a lot about myself. I find myself occasionally comparing Spanish to others in my district in, which leads to judgement, which creates status and finally becomes pride. I can judge or make comparisons to others because each person has something to give in building the Kingdom of God and those gifts and talents are different and perfect. I find myself needing to use this principle when working with my companion as I seek to find the middle ground. The middle ground is some where between taking over a lesson because nothing is getting accomplished and passively letter her do everything. I am really getting better at this task but fully internalizing I am great and so is every one else is something that is hard for me. I think that is because the world likes to judge and place status on individuals but that is not of God. I remember hearing myself make this statement one time: "many people have great things to say and you should listen to each and every persons statement but remember that you are one of those important people and have so many things to say. I feel like sometimes I am riding this roller coaster of emotions. I also feel like I cannot really speak Spanish but then I cannot really speak English I find that it is hard to go back and forth between Spanish and English. Formulating sentences when speaking Spanish is really hard for me but I think I will get. I love the Elders and Sisters in my district they are great. I love my companion and I love this gospel. Thanks everyone for the letters, packages and prayers.
 
Adios,
Hermana Zani

1 comment:

  1. Hermana! Puedes hacerlo! poco a poco... I often found things to be overwhelming, but I learned to take thing an hour at time when I needed to.

    ReplyDelete