Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Week Six at the MTC


Mis queridos amigos!!

I have now made it in the MTC six weeks. Next week we will be the oldest district in our zone. A zone here at the MTC is composed of 5 districts. I am not sure I feel ready to be the oldest zone but I do feel like I have been here for a while and this is really starting to become my home. I think I might be a little sad to leave the MTC in three weeks.

I always think of all these really funny things that happen during the weeks but then can never remember but this week’s! I did want to share just one experience with you. For three hours twice a day we have class and we have two differ rant teachers for each block of time. One of our teachers was gone last week and so we had a sub. This Hermano is from Mexico and is 21 he has been home from his mission for only 14 months. This is because for some reason men in Mexico can go on their missions when they are 18 instead of the usual 19.

Anyways we were suppose to review all the different forms of subjunctive conjunctions that day (remember our teacher grew up in Mexico and has been speaking Spanish his whole life). He was very confussed on how to teach this concept and made this huge long equation on the board and then told us everything in the equation was option. Next he decided to write on the TV screen in order to show us how to better use subjunctive. Afterwards he jumped on the a swirly chair to point to something on top of the white board we were all pretty sure he was going to fall off and break his leg. An elder in our district had to hold the chair. He next proceeded to tell us that the top of the white board needed to be clean. It was all very entertaining and no one could really understand what he was talking about.

Which I presume that is how I am going to feel in McAllen. Every single person I have talked with about McAllen has told me what a wonderful place it is everyone in our district except for my companion and I are going to Chile, two are practically going to Antarctica.

One of my favorite things about being here are the meetings with the wives of our branch presidency. We just got a new second counselor two weeks ago; their names are Brother and Sister Smith. They live in Orem and just got home from being mission President's in Philippines last year.

Yesterday, I spoke in Relief Society about my conversion story, which was fun because at the MTC all the sisters meet together for Relief Society. We have it in the gym; which, converts to an auditorium on Sunday. Anyways we got to sit on the stand and my companion loved watching the TelePrompTer.

I have been thinking a lot about trust this week and having trust in the Lord. What does it really mean to trust the Lord with all my heart, might, mind and strength? How can I turn my life over to the Lord? How can I allow the Lord to make more of me than I can make of myself? How can I not fear the Lord meaning a fear that he might have something other than the best thing in the world prepared for me?

I have been thinking a lot about this especially in regards to learning Spanish. I feel like sometimes the muscles in mouth will not move to make the correct sounds. Or that the words that I say are not coming our correctly. I have this fear that people will not understand me and get sad when people do not understand me. The only problem with having these fears is that when I worry about me and my inadequacies I am not trusting in the Lord. The Lord has called me to learn Spanish because for some reason He thinks that I can. He knows there are people waiting for me in McAllen, Texas. But sometimes I still doubt sometimes it feels as though I will never learn Spanish sometimes I find my self as God if He is sure that this is the correct place.

I feel like Enoch as he states in Moses 6: 31 "And when Enoch had heard these words, he bowed himself to the earth, before the Lord saying: Why is it that I have found favor in thy sight, and I am but a lad, and all the people hate me; for I am slow in speech; wherefore am I thy servant." I think the Lord answered to Enoch lamenting which is similar to mine is found in 2 Nephi 3:21 " Because of their faith their words shall proceed forth out of my mouth unto their breathe who are the fruit of thy loins; and the weakness of their words will I make strong in their faith, unto the remembering of my covenant which I made unto thy fathers.

I pray to trust the Lord in my life. I pray for you to trust the Lord in your life. I know that he has great things in store for each of you.


Te Carino muchas,

Hermana Zani

No comments:

Post a Comment