Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Week Seven at the MTC


"To preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth." D&C 50 :14

Hola Mis Amigos,

I hope everyone is doing well? I miss you all and I pray and think about how everyone is doing, a lot! :)

This week I have thought much about the Elders and Hermanas in my district. I have thought about missionary work and the Elders in my district but also the Hermanas. We all come into the Missionary Training Center and within 9-12 weeks we are expected to go out into the world and preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Many of the Elders in my district have never left home, some have only finished one year of collage. Many have not even experienced life yet. Many have lived in the same place for their whole life and within a few short weeks they will be expected to live and work in a totally new environment. Many of the Elders in my district did not know what work meant until coming to the MTC. Many of the Elders in my district are 19 but when they are teaching and testifying, I forget about their age. Their testimonies of Jesus Christ and their love for our Father in Heaven shines through and they truly magnify their calling.

 In my room the other night we were talking about all the things we say in our language that we think make sense at the time but then only later do we realize that is not exactly what we meant to say. How is it then that this Gospel moves forward? This Gospel does not move forward because of the missionaries’ great knowledge in the doctrine or theological principles, nor does it move forward because of the missionaries’ great ability to speak the language. No, this only reason I am convinced that this Gospel moves forward is because it is the work of our Father in Heaven. All a missionary does is to invite others to come unto Christ to read the Scriptures, the Book of Mormon, to pray to our Father in Heaven and to find our for him/her self if these things are true.

The Holy Ghost bears witness to all people that "ask with a sincere heart, with real intent having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost." (Moroni 10:4) Along with the power and strength that lie within our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ. I have been thinking about humility again and the humility it takes to be a missionary. I have to have the Holy Ghost with me at all times to be my companion to guide and direct me during my mission with out the Holy Ghost in my life this work is hard and does not work. The Holy Ghost will guide and direct my life. How hard it is in my life to allow the Holy Ghost into my life and to change my heart and make it like his.

I hold on tightly not too tightly but a little more than I would like to my own control. How hard is it to stand tall knowing that Heavenly Father is my strength from which everything comes from but then working as though everything depends on me. This life is about balances and love. Both so needed but both hard to attain in their fullness because they require putting aside the natural man and following God.

I am so grateful for everything that the Lord has given me and I am grateful for you my friends and my family.

Hermana Zani

No comments:

Post a Comment