Monday, September 12, 2011

Last Report from the MTC


Mis Queridos Amigos,

Hola!! This is my last letter from the MTC. It is hard to believe that my time at the MTC is coming to a close. I have mixed feelings about leaving. I am super excited for the next adventure and next step that I will take on this journey. However, on the other hand I feel a little sad to leave my wonderful district that I have grown so close to and things that are familiar to me.

For the last few years, Provo has been my home and the mountains that I see are the same mountains that I have seen everyday for the past six years. I think I will miss the mountains. There is something so comforting about the mountain here in Utah.

I am also filled with many questions such as: Do I know enough Spanish? Am I ready to be speaking Spanish all day everyday? (When I do this here at the MTC it is really hard :)) Do I have enough Gospel knowledge to teach the people of Texas and to bring them unto Christ? Where will my first assignment be in Texas?

One of our teachers here at the MTC was comparing out mission to our lives and the ups and downs, the hard times and the easy times and likens that unto real life. I think that all the questions that I have about Texas and my preparations are a lot like life. Hardly ever do I feel fully prepared for a major change without feeling a little anxiety about the unknown, but I always take the next step putting one foot in front of the other knowing that my faith is strong.

Yesterday, we had a devotional remembering 9/11. As part of the devotional we watched the Special Music and the Spoken Word performance with Tom Brokaw. I highly recommend seeing it if you can. I think there might be a link to it on www.lds.org. I think 9/11 changed the lives of American's forever. I think as long as I live I will never forget exactly where I was and exactly what I was doing the moment I found out about the towers. How has your life changed because of 9/11?

Yesterday, I gave my first talk in church completely in Spanish. I spoke on the Holy Ghost and the importance of this great gift that God has given us. I think some of the best verses concerning the blessings of the Holy Ghost can be found in 2 Nephi 32:2-5. Oh I really did read all of those verses in my talk. I am sure that my Branch President was wiggling around in his chairs because of my lacking skills with pronunciation.

Also this past week on Tuesday we had a sister who will be serving as an American Sign Language Missionary sing and sign during our Fireside on Tuesday night. She was amazing and I am so glad that those people in this world who cannot hear will be able to hear her beautiful voice.

As my time draws towards a close here at the MTC I am thinking a lot about diligence and how to be more diligent with my studies. Think I will talk more about this subject next week. As my computer time is running towards an end.

I love you all. I miss you all. I pray for you all.

Hermana Zani

No comments:

Post a Comment