Monday, March 19, 2012

Another Week in Port Isabel

Hello Friends,

This week I had something called migas for the first time which is basically corn tortillas fried until they almost become like chips with eggs. It was pretty interesting to say the least. My stomach is learning how to handle to fried food sort of. :)

Anyways, things in Port Isabel have been crazy this week we have had Spring breakers
which means that on Saturday we sat in traffic for an hour and a half trying to go 1 mile and there was no other road to get there. I just sort of wished all these people were going to church instead of the beach. Ha ha!

Needless to say I am loving Port Isabel. I think my Spanish is slowly getting better. Being Senior Companion is super hard and I feel that I fall so short of leadership abilities sometimes. I want to lead with love but so many times find myself pushing people into changing or being too passive. I have to find this beautiful middle ground which I hope that I can find.

Please pray for the families here in Port Isabel that they will find in their hearts a desire to attend church and to progress towards this gospel.

I love you all and pray for your success.

Hermana Zani

1 comment:

  1. RACHEL! I just found your blog through a post on your facebook wall. I hope all is going well on your mission! If you need ANYTHING please let me know!!!

    ReplyDelete