Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Week of 2 April


Hello my Dear Sweet Friends!!

I just loved General Conference this past week. I think it was just the best ever. I loved all the talks, but I especially loved President Uchtdorf's talk on forgiveness. If you have not listened to the talk I urge you all to do so now. Go to this website www.lds.org and click on the link to General Conference and listen to the amazing works of this man called of God.

I think often of forgiveness especially here in the mission field. I think about a family that we are teaching that came to see General Conference this week. I think about the struggles that this family has and how so many of their problems could be fixed
by applying the principles of being slow to anger and quick to repentance. I think about the times in my life when I have done this and how much happier I have been and how much peace I have had in my life.

I also think about the need for repentance and how much you need this on your mission, how essential repentance is for every person. There was a comment made by one of the Brethren this weekend who said this about missionary work "Missionaries come into the field as excited anxious people and leave the missionary feel as mature individuals ready to handle any task placed before them."

 I believe to some extent this is what a mission does; it helps us to grow to really love people to really become like Jesus Christ to see through his eyes and hear with his ears and to say the things that he would say. This
does not come all at once but comes over time each day.

I urge each of you to look for ways to become more like Christ to really represent him in your actions and in your life.

Con Amor,
Hermana Zani

No comments:

Post a Comment