Monday, November 7, 2011

More from Laredo


Hello My Friends!

It has been another wonderful week in Laredo!

I just made it to my first transfer. For all of you who do not know what a transfer is, let me explain. Every 6 weeks you have the possibility to move to another area within your mission. Also, during transfers is when new missionaries come in and old missionaries come home. This past week I experienced my first transfer. Even though I did not move and my companion has stayed the same. You stay with your first companion, which is called your trainer, for 2 transfers or 12 weeks now. Other people in my area of Laredo changed.

I have a new roommate as one of our dearly loved sisters went to another part of the mission to be a trainer. So, her companion received a new companion. Her name is Sister Litchfield and she is from Ogden, UT. The best thing about Sister Litchfield is that she is a runner like myself. I have been dying for the last six weeks without a fellow runner, but since last week Sister Litchfield and I have been running almost every day!

We have been teaching a couple of families recently. I really like families because there is such a strength that comes when a whole family decides to come closer to Christ. The whole family changes and places in that family’s life that might have been filled with darkness are now filled with light, hope, and peace. That is what the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings not an end to our trials, suffering, or afflictions but rather a sense of hope that comes through enduring afflictions.

This mission so far has quite possibly been among the hardest things I have ever done but I am learning to rely on him for strength and guidance like I never have before in my life.

I also want to share a brief testimony about the Book of Mormon. I have started re-reading the Book of Mormon again this month and I know that this Book can and indeed does testify of Christ and it is through this book that we can come to know Christ better and to feel of the Savior's love more in our life. I know the Bible is true and is the word of God but I testify that like the Bible, the Book of Mormon is also the word of God and whosoever will read this Book searching for truth will indeed find it. This is my prayer and my testimony to you all read The Book of Mormon either for the first time or again. Search its pages and feel of the Lord's love for you.

I love you and pray for you. In the beloved name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Love ya,
Hermana Zani

No comments:

Post a Comment