Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas


Hello Friends,

I cannot believe that in five days we will celebrate the Birth of our Savior and Redeemer, the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the rock and the foundation of everything in our lives and it is through him that we can have eternal life and everlasting happiness’s.

As I approach my first of two Christmas' in the mission field. I want to pause and take a moment to express my gratitude, to all those that have helped me to get to this point in my life where I am serving a mission. I am thankful for all those I have meet and worked with me on my mission. I am grateful for the many lessons that I am learning on my mission even though they may be hard and tough at times. I am learning and growing lots even when I cannot always see it. I know that the Lord is molding me into the person I need to become.

I have been thinking about the process of "unconditional surrender" where we surrender everything that we want, desire, or need over to the Lord and that by doing that we allow ourselves to become like the Savior. His desires become our desires, his wants becomes our wants, his needs, become our needs. Yesterday, while standing outside in the cold and in the rain. I thought about this as my feet felt numb and my hands were freezing. I felt the urgency to talk with more people, to work harder to find more people to teach. To care more about bringing a family unto Christ than listening to my own voice of tiredness.

 I know that when I can surrender my all to the Savior and become more like him then I will be on track to becoming the missionary that the Lord needs me to become. I knew that I would be pushed and tried on my mission but I did not know how personal these challenges would be. I think that is how a mission works, we are placed in situations and with people that cause us to grow and to progress.

I encourage you all to take time and think about how the Lord has blessed you through your challenges this year. How have you grown personally because you were faced with a difficult task.

I wish you all a safe and warm Christmas. Remember to read Luke 2 and reflect on the Saviors birth during this Christmas season.

Con Amor,
Hermana Zani

No comments:

Post a Comment